Monday 6 October 2014

Wants and Wills



I don't have any major updates (not necessarily true I recently had a shopping trip in Newcastle and watched a Premier League match in Sunderland, but more details on those later) however I have been feeling many things all of which are quite positive and most of which I want to share. 

I've set out to replace all my wants with wills.

I want to travel and see the world,
I want to laugh everyday
I want to be happy
I want to live an adventure.
I want to be surrounded only by people who love me and bring out the best in me.
I want to keep reminding myself that the only things in life I can control are my thoughts and I want every single one to be positive. 

These past two weeks in the United Kingdom have been so enlightening. I am constantly in awe of what hard work and dedication have brought me. Preparing for this exchange was an emotional ferris-wheel and I am finally at the top overlooking the view and admiring my accomplishments. The opportunity I have has allowed me to meet so many wonderful people and see so many beautiful places in such a short span of time. I can't help but think, if this is only week two how will I feel during week three or four? Month four? Month ten? How much can one trip change me? Obviously a trip can only change you as much as you are willing to be changed but this has really been a catalyst on my journey to happiness and I have never been more excited. 

I will travel and see the world,
I will laugh everyday
I will be happy
I will live an adventure.
I will be surrounded only by people who love me and bring out the best in me.
I will keep reminding myself that the only things in life I can control are my thoughts and I will ensure every single one is positive

xoxo 

ps. It was my birthday last week, I am officially twenty how did that happen? 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Brithday! 20 is a good age, you've just gotta hang in there :P

    It's so exciting to hear about your adventures in the UK, and see your photos. I've been creeping in Instagram too haha.
    I can't believe you will be away for that long, it's honestly so awesome that you will have all this time to grow and learn and explore. Good luck!
    I look forward to hearing more! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

);